Dear Parents of the Magis,
Peace of Christ, and good morning everyone. In line with the Lagos State health preventive protocol due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the following decisions have been made.
1. JS3 students started their MOCK exams on Wednesday, and will complete their MOCK exams over the weekend and depart by 5:00 P.M. on Sunday, March 22, 2020.
2. Parents of JS3 Day Students are kindly requested to bring their toiletries and extra pair of uniform by 5: 00 P.M today (March 20, 2020) for their wards to use in the hostel over the weekend.
3. All other Boarding Students will leave for home on Saturday, March 21, 2020 between 9:00 A.M. and 11:00 A.M.
4. Final internal exams for the second term will be differed till students return to SFCSS.
5. The SS3 students should remain at home for the time being and continue to prepare assiduously for their WAEC exams. They should be prepared to come to school to write their WAEC exam once the WAEC timetable is confirmed.
6. All JSS3 students should continue to prepare assiduously for their BECE exams after their MOCK exams.
7. If the closure of schools in Lagos continues into the third term of SFCSS, which commences April 20, 2020, then online education/Google School may commence for all students of SFCSS (JS1 to SS3), subject to announcement and tuition payment. Please let us continue to take care of our personal health and environmental health. Hand washing and social distancing should continue for everyone; and let us avoid handshakes. Additionally, let us avoid making unnecessary travels within and outside Lagos during this period of lockdown, and let us continue to pay attention to communiqués from the Ministry of Health. Hand sanitizers are available for sale at SFCSS’ Alumni Bookshop. Please pick some tubes for your family. If you have any concern, question, or suggestion, please direct to 08150453561 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
“Take courage! …. Be not afraid.” (Mark 6:50). May God protect all of us from this scourge. Amen.
Rev. Fr. Maduabuchi Leo Muoneme, S.J.